Wednesday 6 March 2013

Opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

So, I had to deliver a one minute speech at school about a topic of my choice in front of my year group.

Talk about NERVE-WRACKING!

But I did it!!

People that know me know that I can be very shy, laid back and quiet.
This was a real challenge for me and I'm happy I went for it. 

No regrets!!

Right, let me go straight to my point.
I just want to share with you the speech I delivered as it's something I believe we all need to hear.

It's about opportunities.
Here it goes . . .

'LOOK if you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted - just one moment. 
Would you capture it, or would you let it slip?
Free education is one opportunity we all have in common.
You might not think it's an opportunity but think about people in other countries  who aren't as privileged as you. 
They aren't complaining, yet with the little chance they have, they work hard and still make something out of themselves.

So what about us?
What excuses do we have? We have all our opportunities set in front of us on a platter of gold.
Yet it baffles me how we sometimes think it's 'ok' to let them slip!

My advice to you all will be to capture the opportunity the school, government or any body else offers you because you never know where it may lead.
The only thing stopping YOU from making the most out of your opportunities is YOURSELF. 
So DON'T limit yourself; as they say, opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Before I take my seat, I've got one thing to say which I hope you take away from this speech.
So here it goes ... 
You only get one shot so make it count because you may never get this moment again.'


Giving speeches might not be your cup of tea.
But whatever it is, PUSH YOURSELF.
Don't let your weakness be a barrier.

Challenge yourself and trust me, you'll be glad you did.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment